Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Iced Coffee....

O.K., those of you that know me well, know that I'm all about a good cup of coffee (and sometimes even a bad cup will do). I can live without soft drinks, ice cream, cookies, chips...but I wake up thinking about coffee. As much as I love coffee, I am frugal enough that I can't bring myself to purchase coffee on a routine basis...sometimes I am known to splurge, but usually disappointed that I spent $2-5 on something that I could have made just as well at home. I have worked hard recently to cut back on my caffiene consumption. I usually have 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning, 1 cup of coffee in the late afternoon (that's my equivolent of "tea time"), and an occassional cup in the evening as I wind down (I know that's strange, but I'm immune to the effects of caffeine). It has been brutally hot in Florida. We just returned from 75-85 decree weather while on vacation in North Georgia and was greeted with 95-100 degree weather here....that alone has assisted with decreasing my coffee intake. This morning I only had 1/2 cup of coffee, went for my morning jog/walk session, then ran errands. When I returned from my errands, I craved a cup of coffee, but just couldn't bring myself to do it in this heat, so...I took the coffee left over from this morning, poured it over a cup of ice, added one packet of Stevia and 1 packet of vanilla creamer and ....Wha La! I've got a near perfect cup of iced coffee that didn't cost me anything, assisted me with using left overs, and in the Weight Watcher world is only 1 point!

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

I'm going to have to tell my Emily how you made that. I know probably not good to get her started on coffee, but we already did! Having fun searching through all of the blogs listed on everyone's sites! Thanks for getting me started, I'm constantly reminding myself of what you said about it not becoming an idol!! I do enjoy the writing though and am so eager to get my first book from TN.