Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Try It" Tuesday

O.K., yesterday went well....I accomplished all my goals for the day...I know me though...I have to be careful not to pat myself on the back too much for small victories or I will be tempted to celebrate with food. I was going to call this "Tempting Tuesday" and discuss what tempts us (in the food world). The word tempt has such a negative connotation though, so I ended up with "Try It" Tuesday. So this is the challenge I propose to you:

Try something new today or try something period (whether it's new or not)....Try a new food or a new exercise, or something to distract you from the food world...(i.e.,, calling a friend, writing a poem, sending a love note to your husband, etc.)

I haven't decided what I am going to try today but I will write about it later and tell you whether it was good, bad, or otherwise.

Some great food finds that I stumbled upon recently:
1) Ezekial bread....pricey but no one in your house will eat it but you. It's not that it taste bad, it just is alot heavier than regular bread and it's so healthy....made from bean sprouts...also very filling. You can find this in the frozen food case at most grocery stores. You must keep it in the fridge because it can spoil quickly.
2) Almond milk - sweeter, healthier, and less calories than regular milk.
3) Single serve coffee creamers - keeps you from turning your coffee into dessert coffee.
4) Hummus (this plus a slize of Ezekial bread makes a complete protein and is very filling).

Please let me know if you have any new food finds.

No comments: